Room Change Procedures
Except for a two-week room change freeze at the
beginning and end of each semester, students may request a room change
at anytime. For a smooth change, students should do the following things:
- Discuss your plans with your current roommate.
- Discuss your plans with your resident assistant.
- Meet with the Director of Housing for approval.
- Obtain a Room Change form from the Residence Life Office and secure the necessary signatures.
- Upon approval and issuance of a Room Change Authorization form, you may move.
Residents who misrepresent the truth, do not prepare
their room for a new resident, intimidate assigned occupants or students
wishing to move in or otherwise attempt to manipulate the housing
assignment process may be subject to judicial action.
Getting Help with Roommates
Students should counsel with their resident assistant or head resident
on matters related to roommate issues. If resolution is not obtained
then further consultation may be made with the Director of Housing.
After that time, all room changes must be approved by the Director of
Housing. If a student changes rooms prior to approval, a $25 fine will
be assessed to each of the students involved.