Young Alumni Weekend Schedule 2014
Friday, May 30, 2014
8 a.m. *Alumni Golf Outing – Stonebridge Golf Club
Join alumni for a morning of fun and fellowship on the green at Stonebridge Golf Club. Contact Don Law (67C) at email@example.com or Fred Mercer (FS, 09G) at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Cost is $39 per person; pay at the door. Price includes tee times and box lunch. Door prizes offered.
10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Registration and Check-In – Alumni Center, Multimedia Room
• On campus housing registration available online at www.berry.edu/alumni.
• If arriving on campus after 8 p.m., pick up your registration packets at the main gate.
On-Campus Housing Check-In (for Young Alumni only) – Alumni Center, Executive Committee Room
3 – 4:30 p.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
Join alumni of all ages to prepare anthems for the Alumni Weekend worship service on Sunday morning.
7 – 10 p.m. Berry Night @ Schroeder’s on Broad Street
Meet up with other Berry young alumni in the courtyard at Schroeder’s. First round of appetizers is free.
Saturday, May 31
7 a.m. – 6 p.m. Registration and Check-In – Alumni Center, Multimedia Room
8:30 a.m. – noon *Young Alumni Service Project – Meet in Krannert Center, Valhalla Garden Room
Enjoy a continental style breakfast and receive service project assignments.
9 – 10 a.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
10 a.m. High School and Academy History Exhibit – The Martha Berry Museum
• View the Berry High School and Berry Academy history exhibit now on display in The Martha Berry Museum.
Noon – 1:30 p.m. Lunch – Ford Dining Hall, $12 per person; FREE for service project participants
1 – 6 p.m. Recreation and Fitness – The Cage Center
• Enjoy afternoon recreation at the Cage! Just present your Cage Center pass at the reception desk in the lobby to access the fitness area and other recreational facilities.
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. House o’ Dreams Bus Tour – Meet in Clara Archway
• Provided on a first-come, first-served basis
• Two 45-seat buses will leave at 1:30 p.m.; tour will last approximately 2 hours
The Forum • Downtown Rome • Black Tie Optional
All alumni are invited to join us for an evening of awards, special recognitions and dinner. Afterwards dance the night away!
6 p.m. Young Alumni Reception – Riverwalk Ballroom, Section 3
7 p.m. *Dinner – $40 per person; $75 per couple
• Two free drink tickets per adult
7:20 p.m. Fellowship and Dancing; Live Music, Cash Bar
Sunday, June 1, 2014
7 a.m. – 1 p.m. On Campus Housing Check-out – Alumni Center, Executive Committee Room. Please bring room key.
8:30 – 10:30 a.m. *Continental Breakfast in the Commons – Kilpatrick Commons
• Complimentary; all alumni and guests are invited to attend
• Rain backup – Krannert Center Lobby
9:30 a.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal and photo – College Chapel
11 a.m. Alumni Weekend Worship Service – College Chapel
• Guest Minister: Rev. Valerie Loner (91C), Pastor, Rush United Methodist Church, Rome, Ga.
• Guest Alumni Choral Director: Honorary Alumnus Ross Magoulas (FFS)
• Guest Accompanist: Suzanne Scott (FS)