About Nursing at Berry
Nursing Program Mission Statement
The mission of the Berry College Nursing Program is in accordance with the mission
and purpose of Berry College. The program is committed to the concern
of the individual and permeates the principles of respect and collegiality for
both faculty and students. The aim is to offer an exemplary undergraduate nursing program
- Builds on a strong foundation of liberal
arts and science studies that supports the development of knowledge, skills,
and attitudes needed by the baccalaureate nurse to address the health care
realities of the 21st century
- Educates professional registered nurses
- Practice the roles of a nurse generalist
who provides patient-centered care that is safe, compassionate and affirms
interdenominational Christian principles and values.
- Deliver patient-centered care in a
transforming health care setting with an emphasis on safety, evidenced-based
practice, quality outcomes of care, informatics and the economic influences of
health care delivery.
- Practice nursing safely and
compassionately in a variety of settings, with diverse populations and
backgrounds, both locally and globally.
- Serve as a leader, collaborative
participant, and professional among the disciplines, committed to community and
civic betterment while transforming health care delivery into a safer, higher
quality and more cost effective system.
- Participate in life-long learning,
academic excellence, and intellectual growth.
- Promotes a learner-centered, caring,
academic community that:
- Inspires intellectual, moral, ethical,
interdenominational Christian principles, values and service to others.
- Encourages students toward a life of
lasting value and purpose.
- Promotes personal accountability through
actions and decisions in both faculty and students by maintaining physical
well-being, spiritual growth and emotional health.
- Utilizes learner-centered integrative
strategies that inspire students to academic excellence.
- Incorporates worthwhile work and service
to others that complements knowledge and faith in building personal character.