Master of Business Administration
Berry’s MBA Program is an Evening Part-time program developed for working professionals seeking to enhance their business knowledge to advance their careers or to complement a non-business background where an understanding of business is required. The program, offered since 1973, is accredited by AACSB International, achieved by only the top 10% of business schools worldwide. This signifies a commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
Berry’s MBA Program is a general management program encompassing a broad educational perspective on management. Through coursework and team projects, students are exposed to both theory and practical exercises which allows students the opportunity to take what they learn in the classroom and immediately apply it to their own organizations.
The program requirements consist of ten courses or 30 credit hours divided into three sections: Core, Electives, and Capstone. Students who do not hold an undergraduate degree in business most likely will need to complete proficiency requirements prior to entering the program.
The Core courses include:
- Accounting for Decision Making
- Corporate Finance
- Strategic Use of Information Technology
- Leadership and Change Management
- Strategic Marketing
- Value-Chain Management
Students are required to complete three elective courses. Current electives are offered in areas such as international management, entrepreneurship and small business planning, social media and internet marketing, investments, and career management.
The capstone course, Strategies of World-Class Organizations, is taken in the student’s final semester of the program. The course integrates all of the knowledge learned during the program into the culmination of a final project.
The standard length of the program is five semesters depending on the number of courses taken and the course rotation of the program. Students have six years to meet degree requirements. In the fall and spring semesters, each class meets one night per week from 6:00 p.m. until 8:45 p.m. Courses during the summer semester meet in 6-week blocks, two nights per week, from 6:00 p.m. until 9:30 p.m.
Why should you get a Berry MBA?
- Increased salary! Let's face it-the idea of a higher salary is attractive to everyone. Especially now when you are faced with an unstable economy. What will you do about college tuition for your children? What will you do about retirement? Extra income will help with those concerns.
- Advance your career! Many executive and senior management positions now require an MBA. It's not just 'a good idea' anymore; an MBA is a necessity.
- Networking! An MBA degree offers you access to a wide network of MBA students, alumni, faculty, business and community leaders. How useful is that when you are searching for job opportunities, developing a career plan, or pursuing expertise outside your current field?
- Skills! The Berry MBA teaches Finance, Accounting, Management and Marketing. You will also learn about leadership, teamwork, ethics and communication. What an amazing way to broaden your horizons!
Our students come from a variety of fields, industries and backgrounds. Most stay in the area and are employed by local organizations such as Pirelli Tire, Mohawk, Shaw Industries, Floyd Medical Center, local banks, accounting firms and non-profits. Our graduates are the leaders in our community!