- “A Public Choice Analysis of Congressional Franking,” Public Finance Review, forthcoming (with S. Tyler Edwards and E. Frank Stephenson).
- “The Private Provision of Public Goods: Homes on Golf Courses,” Journal of Private Enterprise, forthcoming (with Frank F. Limehouse and Robert E. McCormick).
- “Television, Code Law, and Integrated Markets,” Public Choice. 142:3-4 (March 2010), 355-361.
- “Trusts and Taxes: The Effects of Conservation Easements on Local Property Tax Revenues,” with Walter N. Thurman.
- “Relative Prices and Family Values: An Application during World War II,” with Robert E. McCormick and Mason S. Gerety.
- “Antitrust and Politics: Presidential Party Control, Congressional Oversight or Bureaucratic Discretion?”
- “Do U.S. Manufacturing Firm Sizes in 1850-1880 Follow the Zipf Distribution?”
- “Financial Development and Economic Growth in a Panel of Former British Colonies: 1875-1993.”
- “Is Public Expenditure Productive? Evidence from the Manufacturing Sector in 45 U.S. Cities, 1880-1920,” with Dean Stansel.
- Colloquium on “Markets, Freedom, and the Environment,” co-sponsored by PERC and the Liberty Fun, Big Sky, MT, June 21-24, 2007
- Colloquium on “Liberty and Responsibility in Adam Smith,” sponsored by the Liberty Fun, Holland, MI, August 1-7, 2008
- Colloquium on “Monetary Freedom and Liberal Order,” sponsored by the Liberty fund, Indianapolis, IN, October 2-5, 2008