Assistant Professor of Economics
Phone: (706) 290-2688
Campus Box: 5024
Location: Green 215
- Ph.D., Economics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- B.A., Economics, Capital University
- International Development
- Health Economics
- International Health Economics
- Economic Development and Program Evaluation
- Applied Microeconometrics
Refereed Journal Articles:
- "Do Slums Matter? Location and Early Childhood Preventive Care Choices Among Urban Residents of Bangladesh." Social Science & Medicine: 94, pp. 43-55, October 2013.
- "For Compassion or Money? The Factors Influencing the Funding of Micro Loans," with Kayla Badding. Journal of Socio-Economics: 41(6), 2012.
- "Using India and China to Interest American Students in Economics," with Nimish Adhia. Education About Asia: 17(3), 2012.
- "Reinterpreting the Relationship Between Social Cohesion, Institutions, and Economic Growth". Journal of Private Enterprise: 25(1), 2009.
- Also appearing in Economic Freedom: Causes and Consequences, Joshua Hall and Robert Lawson (eds.). New York: Nova Science, forthcoming 2011.
- "Do Gas Stations Raise the Price of Gasoline on the Weekend or Holidays?" with Robert Lawson and Joshua Hall. Atlantic Economic Journal: 35(1), March 2007.
- "Testing the Alchian-Allen Theorem: A Study of Consumer Behavior in the Gasoline Market," with Robert Lawson. Economics Bulletin: 35(4), 2006.
- Contributing staff, 2006 Bangladesh Urban Health Survey. National Institute of Population Research and Training (NIPORT), MEASURE Evaluation, International Centre for Diarrhoeal Disease Research, Bangladesh (ICDDR,B), and Associates for Community and Population Research (ACPR). Dhaka, Bangladesh and Chapel Hill, NC, USA: 2008.
- "Paging Dr. Hibbert: What 'The Simpsons' Can Teach Us About Health Economics". Invited book chapter to appear in Homer Economicus: The Simpsons and Economics. Stanford University Press, forthcoming 2013.
Selected Conference Participation:
- "Exercise and Addictive Behavior: Does Exercise Reduce Smoking and Drug Use among Adolescents?" with Mir Ali and Aliaksandr Amialchuk. American Society of Health Economists (ASHE), University of Minnesota, June, 2012.
- "For Compassion or Money? The Factors Influencing the Funding of Micro Loans" with Kayla Badding. Southern Economic Association, Washington, D.C. November, 2011.
- "The Impact of Facility Placement on Migration, Fertility, and Early Childhood Health Choices in Urban Bangladesh." Eastern Economic Association, New York, New York. February, 2011.