A number of students are selected for admission each year for grades K-8. Student candidates must demonstrate good academic potential and appropriate social/behavioral skills, and their parents must demonstrate a commitment to educational excellence.
In order to assure the greatest possible continuity within Berry College’s laboratory school programs, preferential consideration is given to the following applicants:
- Students currently enrolled in the Berry College Child Development Center.
- Children of parents currently employed as faculty or staff at the college.
- Siblings of students already enrolled at the school.
In addition, special consideration is given to maintain diversity at the school. Also, date of application is a significant factor in determining admission status. Minimum age guidelines are as follows:
- Kindergarten: entering students should be five years old prior to September 1.
- First grade: entering students should be six years old prior to September 1.
The admissions process for Kindergarten is as follows:
- September 1st through November 30th – Early applications accepted from currently enrolled Berry College Child Development Center students, siblings of currently enrolled BCEMS students, and children of Berry College Faculty/Staff. All parent conferences and student assessments must be completed prior to December 1st to be eligible for early admission. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis during this period. Child Development Center students who apply after November 30 are considered with all open applicants.
- December 1st – Open application period begins for Kindergarten admission. Admissions decisions are made on a rolling basis.
Admissions applications for grades 1 through 8 are accepted on a rolling basis.
All applicants, regardless of grade level, must complete the following before an admissions decision is issued:
- An accurate & complete BCEMS admissions application.
- A recommendation form from the prospective student’s current teacher (if applicable), including any current school transcripts.
- A parent interview & tour.
- An academic skills assessment and behavioral evaluation completed at BCEMS.
- A BCEMS admissions committee recommendation.
How to Apply
Applications may be downloaded and printed or you may contact Lynne Manna, Director of Admissions, (706)-236-2242, to request an application and additional information. There is a $25.00 application fee due when turning in an application. Online inquiries may be submitted to request more information.
The date of completion of the application process is a significant factor in determining admission status.
Tours and Open House
We offer tours on a year-round basis. Please contact our Director of Admissions, Lynne Manna, at email@example.com or by phone at (706) 236-2242 to arrange a visit. Tours begin at Hamrick Hall on the mountain campus where the BCEMS office is located.
An individual tour during the school day is one of the best ways to discover why your family might belong at Berry.
Fee Schedule and Financial Aid
2012-2013 academic year tuition (K-8th) is $8,375.00
There is an additional, non-refundable field study & resources fee of $500.00 for middle
New students pay a $300 non-refundable registration & materials fee upon admission.
Returning students pay a $150 non-refundable materials fee prior to the start of each new school year.
- A 12-month payment plan is available.
- More than 30% of our students receive some kind of financial aid.
- A discount is available for siblings.
- Scholarship opportunities based on financial need are available for middle grade students (5-8).
- Georgia GOAL Scholarships are available based on financial need and eligibility for K-8 students (students entering K-1 for the first time and students transferring from Georgia public schools.)
Kids’ College (after-school care) is available from 3:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m. Fees are based on the length of time and number of days. Please inquire for additional information.