Pathways to Teaching Program
Pathways to Teaching is an education scholarship program for minority students interested in becoming teachers. Through a combination of academic support, mentoring, service learning, professional development and financial support, the Pathways program creates a highly enhanced teacher education experience for students selected.
Victor Morgan is the Pathways to Teaching Director. He is retired from a local school district in Georgia after 30+ years as an educator. Mr. Morgan served as a teacher, director of an Appalachian Regional Commission Pre-school Handicap Grant designed to serve children with disabilities birth to 4 years old (the first of its kind in the United States - acquired in 1979), director of special education and director of student support services. He has a broad array of experiences and expertise in many areas of education. These areas include: special education, gifted, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1974, and School Law.
Mr. Morgan currently represents the Eleventh Congressional District of Georgia on the Georgia Department of Early Care and Learning Board appointed by Governor Sonny Perdue. He served for six years on the State Advisory Panel for Special Education in Georgia appointed by the Georgia Board of Education. Mr. Morgan was a member of the Governor’s Education Finance Task Force – Investing in Educational Excellence (IE2) also appointed by Governor Sonny Perdue. He holds degrees from Tuskegee University, University of West Georgia and Jacksonville State University. Mr. Morgan recently completed the Executive Coaching Certificate from Coles College of Business at Kennesaw State University. He currently resides in Cartersville, Georgia with his wife, Diane. He is currently the Chief Executive Officer of The Morgan Consulting Group, Inc. of Cartersville, Georgia.
How to apply:
- To be eligible for the Pathways to Teaching Program, applyand be accepted to Berry College
- Complete the Pathways to Teaching application
- Please note that priority is given to students with demonstrated financial need
- Preference for students with participation in extracurricular activities, work experience, and/or leadership activities including working with children
- A one-on-one interview with Mr. Morgan will be scheduled after your application has been received