Policies and Procedures
The Language Resource Center serves the language
practice needs of currently enrolled foreign language students. A few
simple guidelines and rules should help to make the LRC a stress-free
and pleasant learning environment for everyone:
You are welcome to use the lab for language practice if you are
currently enrolled in a foreign language class (French, German,
Spanish) at Berry College, or if you wish to engage in a self-study
using the Rosetta Stone software (currently the following languages are accessible: Chinese, French, German, Japanese, Spanish)
students wishing to use the LRC must check into the lab at the front
desk. No one will be admitted to the lab without valid identification.
(3) Please be seated at any vacant computer workstation in the lab.
(4) No eating or drinking is permitted in the language lab.
(5) Please turn off your cell phones and MP3 players upon entering the lab.
(6) You may not access hardware, or set-up/modify software.
(7) No downloading is permitted! Save your work on a disk but not on the hard drive of the computer.
and computer resources are for language practice. Please limit the
printing of compositions to the final draft. Students wishing to write
papers for non-language courses should use workstations and printing
facilities at other open-access labs on campus.
(9) For general web-surfing or email checking, please use one of the computer kiosks in Evans.
(10) We do not provide photocopying in the LRC.
(11) Please ask a lab student worker for assistance if you encounter a computer problem.
All LRC materials are for in-lab use only. However, we do duplicate
certain language files provided that the lab owns the material and that
it is used in conjunction with a Berry College language class by the
individual who has purchased the accompanying textbook and workbook/lab
manual. Please note that not all audio programs used in language
classes can be copied. We will refuse to duplicate programs and other
copyrighted material for which we do not have permission. If you would
like to have audio files duplicated, we request that you give us a
blank, 80-minute (700MB) CD-R in jewel case, CD storage sleeve or
envelope. A loose, unprotected CD-R will not be accepted. Allow 24
hours for processing your request.
are responsible for the use of all LRC materials. Please refrain from
unauthorized lab activities, and do keep your workplace clean.
(14) Remember to collect your belongings when you leave the lab. If you have left something in the LRC please see a lab assistant.
Please remember that this is an educational environment. Speak softly and be considerate to other lab users.