How do I apply for admission to the nursing program?
- Gain general admission to Berry College (the Nursing Program requires an additional application)
- After enrolling at Berry, meet with the Nursing Dean or Nursing
faculty who will:
the student's academic record
admission to the Berry College Nursing Program
- Recommend a plan to complete the remaining prerequisite courses
the Nursing Program application
- After enrolling at Berry, submit an application and personal resume outlining health-care
interest/experience, campus/community involvement, leadership, and employment by the application deadline.
- The inaugural class of nursing students may apply between April 1 and July 1, 2013, with decisions being made by July 15, 2013. The first class of admitted students will pursue a fast-track option which will begin in January 2014 with graduation projected for May 2015.
second class should apply between October 2013 and February 1, 2014, with decisions being made by March 1, 2014. The second class will begin nursing courses in fall 2014 and will follow the traditional fall, spring, fall and spring sequence.
grades (Berry and other colleges/universities) from previous terms must be
posted on the applicant's Berry College transcript by the Nursing application
program fee is charged to all enrolled nursing students. This fee covers assessment testing, laboratory
supplies, computer learning programs, standardized exams, and random drug
screening. In addition to the program
fee, as part of the nursing admission process, the student can expect to incur
fees for a background and drug screening, physical examinations, immunizations,
and the cost of obtaining CPR certification. A detailed list of expenses related to
uniforms, shoes, stethoscope, graduation cost, and NCLEX fees may be found in
the nursing student handbook.
Dr. Vanice W. Roberts
Dean and Professor of Nursing
Fax: 706-238-7854 | Cell: 678-756-5726
Secretary to the Dean, Nursing
Office Location – Green Hall Room 414
Counseling Contact: Starr
Boylan | 706-238-7917 | Office of Admission-Ford Building