2013 Bahrom International Program Scholarship Competition
Funding available for up to 3 returning men and women students with a minimum 2.75 GPA to attend the Bahrom International Program at Seoul Women's University June 30-July 26.
Students will earn 3 elective credits studying Korean culture in English, which can fulfill Berry's 5th Humanities requirement. All participants are matched with a Korean partner, and the half-foreign and half-Korean group allows participants to experience constant interaction with Korean culture. Students learn about Korean politics, economy, and so on. Outside of the classroom, participants will experience Korean culture through field trips and hands-on activities, such as making Korean pottery, playing traditional instruments, and making Korean food. Check out this year's schedule!
Scholarship covers airfare and tuition. Student costs include $300 application fee, $45 insurance fee and personal expenses, including one weekend of meals.
Please submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a completed application form (scan after signing)
- an unofficial copy of your transcript with fall 2012 grades (from Viking Web)
- a reference from a professor or work supervisor
- a 500-750 word essay addressing the following questions:
- Why do you desire to study in South Korea?
- What research have you done to prepare for this experience?
- What is it about the Bahrom International Program in particular that interests you?
- How will you promote the program upon your return to Berry?
You should also be prepared for an interview with the International Programs Committee. Please direct questions to Laura McRaney, International Programs Director, ext. 4065.
Deadline February 1, 2013
What Berry Students Say