The Berry Breakfast Club
The Berry Breakfast Club exists to preserve the heritage and history of the Mount Berry School for Boys, Martha Berry School for Girls and Berry Academy. All who attended one of these high schools are encouraged to reengage and reconnect with fellow alumni and to enjoy the shared heritage and camaraderie. The Berry Breakfast Club provides a great way to do just that. The Club meets the second Saturday of every month at 8 a.m. at Landmark Restaurant at Mt. Berry Square Mall in Rome, GA.
Goals of the group are to:
- Be back in the atmosphere of Berry to reconnect and fellowship with other alumni of the high schools
- Seek ways to promote the heritage and lasting impact of the high schools on our lives
- Support the writing of the history of the schools, including personal stories
- Support an exhibit of high school history and memorabilia
- Honor former faculty and staff of the Berry high schools and academy
- Raise awareness of The Berry Breakfast Club, especially during Mountain Day and Alumni Weekend
- Encourage high school and academy alumni attendance at activities held at Berry, especially those that recognize the high school/academy, its history and alumni
Voluntary dues of $25 per year cover basic operating expenses of the club.
For more information about The Berry Breakfast Club or its meetings and activities, contact one of the officers listed below or visit www.berrybreakfastclub.com.
|Pictured are members of the Berry Breakfast Club in attendance at the March 12, 2011, meeting.
Jack Pigott hosts the "unofficial website of the Berry Academy and Mt. Berry School for Boys" at www.berryacademy.com.
Outstanding Faculty/Staff Awards
The winners of the 2012 High School/Academy Outstanding Faculty/Staff Award are:
Jerry W. Shelton
List of Past Award Winners
Nominations are currently being received for 2013. The deadline for 2013 award nominations is Dec. 15, 2013. Click here for the nomination form.
The Outstanding Faculty / Staff Award is presented by the Berry Breakfast Club for outstanding and exceptional individuals that worked for the High School / Academy. The award is presented annually to the individuals (male or female) and consists of presenting an engraved plaque to those individuals selected. Their names are also engraved on the large permanent plaque that hangs in the Alumni Center honoring High School / Academy employees of Berry. The recipients are honored on Alumni Weekend at the breakfast held in Hill Dining Hall.
awards will be presented on Saturday morning of Alumni Weekend at Hill Dining
Hall at the High School/Academy Breakfast event.
All alumni who attended high school at Berry are encouraged to attend to
help honor these former faculty/staff members.
1. To honor and recognize a faculty or staff member with significant service at the High School / Berry Academy.
2. The nominees are evaluated based on their length of service, overall involvement and dedication to the High School / Academy.
3. Candidates may be anyone employed by Berry High School / Academy, whether deceased or living / male or female.
4. The eligible individual must have demonstrated commitment and dedication to furthering the overall education of the head / heart / hands. In addition, this person made a significant impact on student’s performance and achievements over time and provided encouragement for students to succeed in life.
To submit a nomination, complete the Outstanding High School/Academy Faculty/Staff Award Nomination Form. The form may be also be printed, completed and mailed to:
|Berry Breakfast Club
|Office of Alumni Relations
|PO Box 495018
|Mount Berry, GA 30149-5018
Your nomination will be reviewed by the Berry Breakfast Club committee for the next award year and the nominee will be notified and asked to submit additional information for consideration, if necessary.