Alumni Weekend 2014 Schedule
Note: events with an asterisk require registration.
Friday, May 30, 2014
8 a.m. *Alumni Golf Outing – Stonebridge Golf Club
Join alumni for a morning of fun and fellowship on the green at Stonebridge Golf Club. Contact Don Law
(67C) at email@example.com or Fred Mercer (FS, 09G) at firstname.lastname@example.org to register. Cost is $39 per
person; pay at the door. Price includes tee times and box lunch. Door prizes offered.
10 a.m. – 8 p.m. Registration and Check-In – Alumni Center, Multimedia Room
• Pick up registration packet at the Alumni Center prior to participating in any event.
On-Campus Housing Check-In (for Work Week attendees only) – Alumni Center, Executive Committee Room
3 – 4:30 p.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
5:30 – 10 p.m. *Alumni Class Reunion Dinners – See the Friday evening reunion schedule here
7 – 10 p.m. Berry Night @ Schroeder’s on Broad Street
Saturday, May 31, 2014
8 a.m. *High School/Academy Breakfast – Hill Dining Hall, $10
• Outstanding former Faculty/Staff Awards will be presented.
8 a.m. *1951C Annual Breakfast – Krannert Center, Room 217,
$10 per person
8:30 a.m. *Young Alumni Service Project – Meet in Krannert
Center, Valhalla Garden Room
Enjoy a continental style breakfast and receive service
project assignments and instructions.
9 – 10 a.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
10 a.m. High School and Academy History Exhibit – The Martha
• View the Berry High School and Berry Academy history
exhibit now on display in The Martha Berry Museum.
Noon *Alumni Association Lunch – Ford Dining Hall, $12 per
person; free for Young Alumni Project participants
• Annual Alumni Association Meeting
1 – 6 p.m. Recreation and Fitness – The Cage Center
• Enjoy afternoon recreation at the Cage! Just present your
Cage Center pass at the reception desk in the lobby to access the fitness area
and other recreational facilities.
1:30 – 3:30 p.m. House o’ Dreams Bus Tour – Meet in Clara
• Provided on a first-come, first-served basis
• Two 45-seat buses will leave at 1:30 p.m.; tour will last
approximately 2 hours
2 and 3 p.m. *Behind the Ropes Tour – Meet in The Martha
Berry Museum Lobby
The Behind the Ropes Tour provides guests with unprecedented
access to the home of Berry College founder Martha Berry. The guided tours will
take guests beyond the velvet ropes and into the private life of Miss Berry.
Guests will have the opportunity to view her clothing, bathrooms and such items
as sewing kits from the early 1920s. LIMITED to 20 people per tour. First come,
first served. Choose your tour time on the registration form.
2 – 3 p.m. Berry Student Enterprises Program Presentation –
Krannert Center, Room 324
Learn how the Berry College Student Enterprises started,
where they stand today and what they have in store for the future, from the
students who run them. Includes sample products, tours and more.
4 – 5 p.m. Alumni Choir Rehearsal – College Chapel
7 p.m. *Alumni Gala – The Forum, Downtown Rome
The Forum • Downtown Rome • Black Tie Optional
All alumni are invited to join us for an evening of awards,
special recognitions, dinner and dancing. We will honor the 2014 Distinguished
Alumni Award winners and Golden Guard inductees from the high school and
college classes of 1964.
6 p.m. Golden Guard Reception and Photo – Riverwalk
Ballroom, Section 2
• Photos available for $12 each
6:15 p.m. All Golden Guard members
6:20 p.m. 1964A Golden Guard Inductees
6:25 p.m. 1964C Golden Guard Inductees
6 p.m. Young Alumni Reception – Riverwalk Ballroom, Sec. 3
7 p.m. *Dinner – $40 per person; $75 per couple
• Two free drink tickets per adult
7:20 p.m. Fellowship and Dancing; Live Music, Cash Bar
Sunday, June 1, 2014
8 a.m. *Alumni Choir Breakfast – Krannert Center, Valhalla
• Complimentary; Alumni Choir members only
8:30 – 10:30 a.m. *Continental Breakfast in the Commons –
• Complimentary; all alumni and guests are invited to attend
• Rain backup – Krannert Center Lobby
9:30-10:30 a.m. *Alumni Choir rehearsal and photo — College
Chapel; photos available for $12 each
9 a.m. High School/Academy Worship Service – Frost Chapel
• Guest Minister: Walter Copeland (64A)
• Guest Accompanist: Brenda Woods (99G, FS)
• High School and Academy Processional March from Hamrick
Hall to Frost Chapel
• Worship service begins at 9:30 a.m.
11 a.m. Alumni Weekend Worship Service – College Chapel
• Guest Minister: Rev. Valerie Loner (91C), Pastor, Rush
United Methodist Church, Rome, Ga.
• Guest Alumni Choral Director: Honorary Alumnus Ross
• Guest Accompanist: Suzanne Scott (FS)
2 p.m. Alumni Work Week 2014