Mountain Day 2013 FAQs
1. Where can I park on the Mountain Campus?
All parking will be directed by safety officers. Parking will be in the field near Frost Chapel.
2. How do I get from the parking area to the March site?
Options: shuttle or walk. Shuttles will be available from the parking area to the March site. Pedestrian traffic will need to stay in the designated areas from parking area to March site.
3. Where can I find out more information while driving to the Mountain Campus?
Please help keep traffic moving. Observe the “answer”signs along Stretch Road and, after that, direct all event questions to the Alumni Information Tent.
4. What should I do if I become sick?
An emergency medical tent will be located near the Pavilion on the Mountain Campus from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Call 706-346-7248 for the medical tent.
5. How do I visit the Old Mill? Will I be allowed to drive my car?
You may catch the shuttle to the Old Mill at the triangle beyond the pavilion, but no car traffic is allowed during this time. Shuttles will run from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
6. Where should I park if I have a handicap permit?
Handicapped parking is available near the pavilion with a permit.
7. Where may I purchase a t-shirt?
Mountain Day t-shirts are $10 - $20 at the Alumni Information Tent.
8. Where do I pick up my Mountain Day cup?
Free Mountain Day cups are at the Alumni Information Tent.
9. Where can I get food and beverages in the morning and evening?
In Krannert Center the Berry Bean’ry will open at 7 a.m. and Valhalla Food Court (Chick-fil-A and convenience store) will open at 10:30 a.m. These locations will be open until 11 p.m.
10. I’m an alumna/us. Where do I get my coupon for $1 off the picnic lunch?
Alumni may pick up a $1 off picnic coupon (only one per alumnus please) at the Alumni Information Tent.
11. How do I update my contact information to receive Berry mailings at my home address?
Alumni may provide updated contact information at the Alumni Information Tent.
12. I have questions about the reunions on Mountain Day. Where should I direct those questions?
Information about reunions occurring on Mountain Day is available at the Alumni Information Tent and online at [mobile site].
13. Where can I pick up a schedule?
A full schedule of events is available at the Alumni Information Tent.
14. Where can I buy cornmeal ground at the Old Mill?
Cornmeal is available for $5 at the Old Mill and at the Alumni Information Tent.
15. I’ve lost something. Where should I look for it?
A “Lost and Found” area will be at the Alumni Information Tent.
16. How much is the picnic lunch?
The Mountain Day Picnic Lunch is $11 for adults and $6 for children. The picnic is free for students and faculty/staff with I.D. The lunch will be served from 11:30 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
17. When are the House o’ Dreams tours?
House o’ Dreams tour buses leave promptly from the Pavilion area beginning at 1:30 p.m. Tours will leave approximately every 45 minutes to one hour.
18. Where is the convocation this year?
The Mountain Day convocation, 10:30 a.m., Saturday, will be in Frost Chapel.
19. When is the Memorial Tribute to Miss Berry?
The Memorial Tribute to Miss Berry, 8:30 a.m., is at her grave site next to the College Chapel.
20. Where are refreshments on the Mountain campus?
In addition to the picnic, water and beverages are available at the Concession Stand on the Mountain Campus.
21. What are the family fun activities this year?
Live music, inflatables, frozen yogurt and games for the kids will be available from 1:30-3:30 p.m.