Alumni Council Meeting Minutes January 31, 2009
Alumni Council Minutes
January 31, 2009
Frances Richey-Goldy, President, called the meeting to order at 10 a.m. and welcomed everyone.
Carolyn Smith opened the meeting with a prayer.
minutes from the November meeting were brought before the council for
approval. A motion was made to approve the minutes as distributed, it
was seconded and the motion passed without opposition.
Roseen, Chair of the Nomination Committee, brought the following list
of council nominees before the council with a motion to accept the
slate of nominees:
|Lydia Fields, 08C
||Callie Starnes, 07C
|Tim Goodwin, 03C
||Laura Sutton, 09c
|Judy Hanthorn, 85C
|| Glynn Tindall, 56H, 60C
|Larry McRae, 60C
||Mary Charles Lambert Traynham, 58C
|Jeff Palmer, 09c
||Charlie Underwood, 53H, 57C
There was a second to the motion and it passed without opposition.
Bill also brought the following list of officers before the council and a motion to accept the slate a presented:
Larry Eidson, 57C - two year term as Vice President of Financial Support
Clara McRae, 60C – two year term as Vice President of Alumni Awards
Barbara McCollum, 79C – one year term as President Elect
There was a second and the motion was passed without opposition.
Frances, Chris Watters, and Ouida Dickey provided an overview of the Founder’s Day weekend events and how successful they were.
Barbara McCollum thanked everyone who bought a Cage seat.
The morning session was adjourned for the Founder’s Day brunch.
The afternoon session was called to order for committee reports at 2:15 p.m.:
Awards – Clara McRae
- Nominations are ready to go to the community panels of judges:
3 for achievement
2 for service
2 for entrepreneurial spirit
2 for young alumni
- No exceptions are made to the deadlines set forth by the committee
- You can nominate people at any time during the year
Heritage – Allyson Chambers
- Reviewed activities of the year
Possum Trot fundraising project has been approved, the projected
revenue from the sale of pictures of Possum Trot is $2,200 and the
total needed for the new roof is approximately $10,000
- Added 2 more papers to the archives
Young Alumni and Student Relations – Drew Landis
- Event in Atlanta is not going to be at the Fox Theater due to expenses but instead at Frances’s house in Sandy Springs
- The committee is working on the “Berry Cribs” concept – showcasing alumni houses
Events – Patrick Carter
- The committee is winding down, work has shifted to the work week committee
- Committee will continue calling contacts from Mountain Day interest cards
Work Week Committee – Lewis Copeland
- Discussed registration and safety
- Looked at the storage space in Ford Dining Hall
- Working on a list of projects
Financial Support – Barbara McCollum
- John Cason gave a presentation to the committee
- Recognized groups that gave Cage Center seats
- Annual fund report – 13% college participation and 60% alumni council participation
- End of February the committee will start calling people who have made a pledge but not sent in their money
reminded the group that this was the last council meeting for the
school year. The annual meeting will take place Saturday, May 30, 2009.
The swearing in of new officers will take place at this time.
There was a motion to change the meeting time to 10 a.m. The motion was seconded and passed without opposition.
Lewis closed the meeting with a prayer.