Mountain Day 2013 festivities began Friday, Oct. 4, with the
annual golf scramble (see photo gallery). High School and Academy alumni celebrated their shared history that evening with the launch of a High School/Academy exhibit at the Martha Berry and Oak Hill Museum and the unveiling of Jennifer Dickey's new book, A History of the Berry Schools on the Mountain Campus at a dinner in the Winshape Gymnasium. Photos from both events are here. Check back soon for a link to video of the event.
Saturday morning events included:
- The Mountain Day 5K (see results here)
- A Memorial Service for Martha Berry held by the Daughters of Berry
- Mountain Day Convocation (see photo gallery), featuring speaker Angela Dickey,
recipient of the Alumni Council’s 2013 Distinguished Achievement Award.
A crowd of over 7,000 students, parents, alumni and friends
on the Mountain Campus for the picnic and Grand March. Please note: If you weren't able get to the Mountain Campus for the celebration, you may purchase your 2013 Mountain Day t-shirt online here.
The classes of 73A, 73C, 78A, 78C, 83+A, 83C, 88C, 93C, 98C,
03C, and 08C celebrated at Saturday evening’s Mega Reunion. Jason Sweatt (88C), presented a check for $284,119.75 in total Mountain Day 2013 reunion giving to the college. Reunion awards went
- The Class of 1993C: Winners of the Reunion cup for greatest percentage in
attendance at the reunion. The class also won the reunion tent decorating
- The Class of 1988C: The Ford Cup for Cup for donating $67,738.16,
the highest total reunion giving.
- The Class of 1973C: The Viking Cup, for greatest giving percentage
of class members.
Be sure to mark your calendar now for Oct. 3-4, 2014, the
100th anniversary of Mountain Day!