Chapter Minutes - Carpet Capital Chapter
October 4, 2007 at 6:30 P.M.
Kelly's Restaurant 1700 South Dixie Highway Dalton, GA 30720
Welcome & Housekeeping: Jesse Jones
1. Mountain Day - October 6, 2007
2. Martha Berry Society - Berry Heritage Society Dinner - October 19
3. Opening prayer and blessing: Carolyn Smith
4. Dinner and fellowship
Secretary's report: distributed by Mildred "Mickey" Kenemer
Printout of last meeting for October 4, 2007
Treasurer's report: Marlene Schneider
Income: Balance as of 8/11/07 $116.55
Deposit on 8/13/07 $86.00
Expenses Ck#1030 B. Holcomb (4 books) 8/11/07 $42.80
Balance as of 9/20/07 $159.79
$500.00 Berry College - Clay Kenemer Scholarship Fund
Program: Tidbits of Berry History of yesteryears with Miss Martha Berry while a student at Berry.
1. Harlan Chapman interviewed – video taped Mr. Charles Acres 38C. He made comments about Miss Berry while he was a student at Berry in 1938.
2. Carolyn Smith interviewed Betty Hamilton Davis of 1935H. Who also knew Miss Berry and spent many hours talking with her and gave us many insights
of her life as a woman of great vision for the school.
Door Prizes: Bernice Holcomb, Lucille McCaleb and Charles Acres
Number of Alumni and Friends Present: 25
Closing Prayer: Charles Acres
Next Meeting – Make a Difference Day: Breakfast at Shoney’s at 8:00 a.m. on October 27, 2007
Service Project: Packing food boxes for Salvation Army for those in need of help
February 7, 2008 will be the next meeting at Kelley’s Restaurant at 6:30 p.m.
Mildred “Mickey” Parrish Kenemer