E-mail accounts are available to all Berry alumni at no charge. A Berry e-mail address allows you to:
- Affirm your Berry affiliation and pride to those with whom you communicate
- Join the Berry Facebook Group
- Request an e-mail distribution list be established for your Berry class if a majority of your classmates sign up for an account
- More easily reach out via e-mail to former classmates simply by knowing first and last names
- Setup e-mail forwarding from/to your Berry account to/from other e-mail accounts
After signing up, your Berry e-mail account remains active for as long as you want it. All you will need to do to keep it active is log into the system at least once per year. If you set up automatic e-mail forwarding from your Berry address to another e-mail address, your Berry e-mail account will still remain active.
Your Berry email address will be formatted as [preferredname].[lastname]@vikings.berry.edu.
Alumni who graduated from Berry since May 2009 automatically received one of these accounts as a student. If you graduated May 2009 or later, you do not need to sign up. You automatically keep your Berry email account assigned to you as a student.
The Berry e-mail accounts are established through Microsoft Outlook Live with benefits which include:
- a built-in chat feature,
- being able to import contacts from Yahoo! Mail, Outlook, Hotmail, and others
- a 10GB mailbox
- access to the 25GB Skydrive, an online storage locker
- collaboration and online document sharing with Office Live Workspace
- ability to create your own personal webpage through Windows Live Spaces