Bellhops with boxes, tearful goodbyes and a flash mob were just a few of the scenes on the Berry College campus this week as more than 600 new students arrived.
According to preliminary data released by Berry’s Office of Enrollment Management, approximately 600 new students are enrolled for the 2011-2012 school year.
Interesting facts about the incoming class:
- 25 percent were in the top 10 percent of their graduating class.
- 11 were valedictorians and 9 were salutatorians.
- 71 percent are from Georgia.
- 24 states and 10 countries are represented including Australia, Cayman Islands, China, India, Indonesia, Korea, Mexico, Rwanda, United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom.
- 75 percent performed community service in high school.
- More than 20 students are Eagle Scouts or Girls Scout Silver or Gold Award recipients.
- 75 had family members attend Berry.
Photos by Alan Storey, Blake Childers and Sarah Garrett.