Record Group 14: Student Organizations
Industrial Arts Club Series
Inclusive Dates: 1942-1949
Size: 2 folders
Bulk Dates: 1942-1948
Organizational Information: The Industrial Arts first appears in the 1935-1936 handbook and was organized to encourage interest in and broaden the general outlook and growth in the Industrial Arts Department. All Industrial Arts majors were eligible for membership. In 1979, the department was renamed Industrial Technology. It remained under this name until 1991, when it became Engineering Technology and Management. Beginning in the 1995-1997 catalog, engineering was offered as a dual degree program. The Industrial Arts Club last appeared in the 1986 college yearbook.
Description: The collection contains club minutes and correspondence from the 1940s, and items pertaining to the Industrial Arts Department. Included is a letter to future Berry College students from the department as well as notes on the history of the Industrial Arts Department. Also included are notes on faculty members Dr. James N. Luton, Richard O. Flournoy, and Raymond J. Bowen.
Arrangement : Original order was maintained during processing and reflects no arrangement scheme.
Berry College. Industrial Arts Club
Berry College. Student Organizations. Industrial Arts Club
Berry College. Industrial Arts Department
Miscellaneous: Accession #19870403
Permission to publish must be obtained from the Executive Assistant to the President. Please cite: Item identification, Collection 14 Student Organizations - Industrial Arts Club Series, Berry College Archives, Memorial Library, Berry College.