Interlibrary Loan/Document Delivery
Hours: Monday - Friday, 11:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Phone: (706) 233-4056 | Fax: (706) 238-7814 | E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Interlibrary Loan
- Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a nationwide cooperative service among libraries developed in order to share their collections by lending items to each other. We will request books and photocopies of journal articles unavailable here in Memorial Library.
- Memorial Library provides interlibrary loan service to current Berry faculty, staff, and students with the understanding that the users will abide by the regulations of the lending library.
- Before requesting materials, check the Online Catalog and the Journal Locator, to make sure the item is not available in our library.
- Submit all requests using ILLiad, the web-accessible interlibrary loan management system. First time users will be ready to submit requests using ILLiad after completion of a simple, one-time registration process.
- Additional information about ILLiad / ILL is available in Frequently Asked Questions.
Document Delivery Guidelines
Memorial Library maintains deposit accounts or contractual arrangements with several document-delivery services, including Infotrieve, Ingenta, UMI, the British Library, and others. Document-delivery agreements are in place to supplement interlibrary loan, and may be used whenever they are needed to provide quality service.
At Berry, the primary uses of document delivery are:
- to provide relief for copyright situations where we have used up our five-article allotment through traditional ILL channels
- to provide for faster delivery of materials if circumstances warrant, e.g., publisher deadlines for faculty
- to provide access to materials not easily or economically obtainable through traditional ILL channels
Librarians are happy to work with faculty, staff, and students who may need to use document delivery.