How to Write a Book Review: General Guides
How To Review a Book
The J.N. Desmarais Library
- Provides information about the contents of a book review, its organization and writing and a sample review.
How to Write a Book Review
Dalhousie University Libraries
- Discusses the two approaches to book reviewing, and includes suggestions for writing a critical book review. All steps of the process are included, with information pertaining to subject-specific reviews.
Writing Book Reviews
- Provides questions and guidelines to aid in creating a book review.
Write a Book Review
- Includes tips to overcome writing challenges and revisions.
- Suggests questions to ask while reading, as well as basic guidelines for writing a review.
- Provides preparation tips, organizing an outline, and additional book review resources.