Golf Scramble Rules
USGA Rules will govern play unless amended by local course rules or Intramural Sports modifications.
- Competition will be a 4-person scramble. Teams may form their own foursome, or those entering as an individual will be assigned to a group.
- Please be at the course and ready to begin at least 30 minutes prior to the start time.
- To facilitate play, carts will be required.
- Each foursome will play 9 holes. All members of the group will hit from the tee. The captain will then select the best drive. From that point, all members of the group will hit a second shot. Again, the captain will select the shot providing the most advantageous lie. This procedure will continue until the ball is holed out. Only one score per hole per team is to be recorded. Scorecards must be signed, attested, and turned in at the conclusion of the round.
- A player’s lie may be improved by one club length (no closer to the hole) through the green with the exception of hazards. For example, if you elect to play a ball from a sand trap, the player whose ball you have chosen to play must play the ball as it lies and then the other team members will be allowed to place the ball (no closer to the hole). Once players have reached the green, the ball may not be placed to improve a player’s lie (must be placed at spot where it lies).
- Out-of-bounds are marked.
- All putts must be holed out. No gimmies.
- Each member of the team must use his/her tee shot once. No Mulligans are allowed.
- In the event of a tie in score, a hole’s number will be drawn at random and the team recording the lowest score on that hole will be declared the winner. In the event the score is still tied, a progression will begin from that hole until the tie is broken. For example, if hole number 6 is drawn and the score is still tied, scores on hole number 7 will be used to break the tie, and so on.