Berry College Chapels
The primary purpose of the Berry chapels is to support the overall
mission of the college and to serve the college community. The beautiful
and historic Berry chapels are used for a variety of events including
church services for Mount Berry Church congregation, music programs,
lectures, special events and weddings.
Booking: The chapels may only be booked a year in advance. Dates may be
penciled-in up to two years in advance; however, event dates are not
confirmed until a year out to allow priority for college related events
to be confirmed and scheduled. Once a date has been selected for your special event or wedding, a payment of half of the total rental amount as well as completed reservation forms
will need to be submitted. Our scheduling assistant staff will provide
the necessary paperwork once a date has been selected.
Who is Eligible to Book a Chapel: For weddings, Frost Chapel and College Chapel are available for Berry affiliated guests only.
Affiliation requirements for College Chapel and Frost Chapel:
- Student presently enrolled, who has completed at least one year of study
- Berry Faculty/Staff (present and former) and their children
- Berry Alumni and their children
- Members of the Board of Trustees, Board of Visitors, and official advisory councils and their children
Barnwell Chapel is available to both Berry affiliated guests and the general public.
Chapel Fees: fees apply to all events held in the chapels.
- Weddings in Frost or College: $650 rental fee and $400 security deposit
- Weddings in Barnwell Chapel: $450 rental fee and $400 security deposit
- Non-Berry events, such as recitals or events other than weddings: $250 half-day/ $440 full day
Frost Chapel's covered walkway may be used for receptions of weddings that are
held in Frost Chapel; however, tables, chairs, trashcans, etc. are not
provided. Otherwise, outdoor weddings and receptions are not allowed on-campus. Food and drink are not allowed in the chapels.
Seating Capacity: Seating capacities for each chapel vary. College Chapel has the
largest capacity with seating for over 800 guests. Frost Chapel can seat
up to 400 and Barnwell can seat 120 guests.