Centennial Hall opened in August 2003. This unique facility houses 122 students in apartments. Most apartments are four-person, complete with a full-size kitchen, living room and two bathrooms (click on drawing for a larger view).
Each student has a single bedroom (9'6"x10') that is equipped with a bed, desk, under-bed dressers, book case and desk chair. Additionally, each apartment is outfitted with dining room and living room furniture.
Unique Centennial Hall Features
The residence hall has several unique features, including:
- A card access system for the outside and corridor doors. Residents of the building use their Berry ID cards to gain access to the building and to their specific floor of residence. During visitation hours, residents and others have complete access to all areas of the residence hall. When visitation ends, the outside and corridor doors lock and can only be opened with a Berry ID.
- There seem to be internet ports everywhere! In addition to the ports in individual student bedrooms, there are also ports in the living/dining area, in the social lounges and study lounges.
- Each floor has a social lounge and two study lounges.
- The central part of building, social lounges, laundry rooms, and elevator, are available to all residents of the building twenty-four hours a day.
- Each floor is divided in two wings, with each wing having its own study lounge and trash/recycling room.