Environmental Compliance & Sustainability at Berry College
The Office of Environmental Compliance and Sustainability (ECoS) ensures compliance with environmental regulations at both state and national levels. We additionally establish programs to promote environmental awareness and sustainability across the world’s largest campus. Because we value hands-on education, our team of student employees complete many projects and daily tasks.
Our goals are to:
- Conserve natural resources
- Encourage renewable alternatives
- Promote responsible practices that ensures environmental health and protects the safety of students, faculty, staff, and the local community
- Provide resources for battery, ink cartridge, and recyclable waste disposal
- Purchase renewable, recycled and recyclable materials
Presidents' Climate Commitment
Berry College is a member of the Presidents' Climate Commitment (PCC). The college released a commitment to the PCC stating that it will reduce 10% of its greenhouse gas emissions by 2020. We are also active in assisting ECoS, the Green Team, and the student organization “Students Against Violating the Earth (SAVE) with various projects to help achieve this goal.
To view of a narrative of the commitment, click here.
To view the commitment in its entirety, click here.