Morton-Lemley Hall Lemley is the oldest of the red-brick dormitories. It was built in 1921 with funds donated by Kate Macy Ladd as a memorial to her nurse-companion, Alice Lemley. Morton was built onto the north end of Lemley Hall with a gift by Mary Reynolds Morton. It was dedicated in 1953. Morton-Lemley is occupied by female students.
In spring 1981, some of Martha Berry’s old letters, providing an in-depth look at the history of the Berry Schools, were found in an attic on the top floor of Morton-Lemley.