Blackstone Dining Hall was built in 1915 as the first permanent brick building at Berry. Mrs. Timothy B. (Isabella) Blackstone, who owned the Blackstone Hotel in Chicago, gave funds for the building, which bears her name.
From 1915 to 1926, the rooms over the dining hall housed the library. After the construction of Memorial Library, they were converted into a lounge and equipped with beds and chairs where the female students could rest between classes instead of making the long trip back to the girls’ school. It was renovated in the 1980s as the E.H. Young Theatre, with audience seating for 224. Berry College Theatre Company performances are held here.