Old Mill Wheel
Constructed in 1930, the Old Mill is one of the most photographed settings on the Berry campus.
It was a gift to Berry from The Republic Mining and Manufacturing Co. For many years the mill was operated by Green Berry Goodson, a white-bearded miller who ground Berry-grown corn into meal and grits. Water was piped directly from Berry’s reservoir to the wheel. Once the pipe was primed, the force of gravity pushed the water up the stone column and over the wheel and made it turn.