PD Car

Motor Vehicle Accidents

If you are involved in a motor vehicle accident call the Communications Center (Main Gate) at Ext. 2262. Let the dispatcher know if there are any injuries and the location of the accident. A police officer will be sent to the scene to investigate the accident and make a written report. The officer will call for any assistance needed (wrecker, ambulance, etc.) 

No matter how minor the damage, the accident should be reported to Campus Police for a report to be taken. We can not write an accident report after the fact. If all parties involved work out an agreement on damages and later on someone changes their mind, you will have the report to file with the insurance companies. Most insurance companies require a police report to settle claims.