Student Tour Information
Group Tours of Oak Hill and the Martha Berry Museum may be arranged easily for both students and adults. To qualify for group rates, there must be at least ten people in the group with reservations made at least two weeks in advance. Call 706-368-6776 or 706-368-6789 to make reservations.
Click here to download a full brochure of all of our educational opportunities for your classroom.
|Student Group Admission Rate:
|$2.00 per person
School Group Tour Information:
A group tour of Oak Hill and the Martha Berry Museum is perfect for learning more about one of America's greatest educators, Miss Martha Berry. All students, from kindergarten through high school, are invited to take part in this discovery.
LIMIT 100 STUDENTS PER RESERVATION
Please provide one chaperone for every ten to twelve students.
Suggested Itinerary for School Groups Visiting Oak Hill
- Arrival at the Martha Berry Museum (Stop in front of Museum to unload; Driver will be given instructions as to parking)
- Welcome and short film about Berry College (25 minutes)
- Tour of the Martha Berry Museum by Berry College Students (20 minutes)
- Walk to Oak Hill (10 minutes)
- Guided tour of Oak Hill by Berry College Students (30 minutes)
- Tour "Aunt" Martha's Cottage and Carriage House (15 minutes)
- Tour of the award-winning gardens (10 minutes)
- Restroom break at the Oak Hill Museum Store; Shopping if requested. (15 minutes)
- Picnic Site Lunch upon request (Bring your own sack lunches and enjoy our picnic area; BY RESERVATION ONLY, The Picnic Area will accommodate up to 100 people.)
Large school groups will be divided into smaller groups for touring. Some will tour Oak Hill first and the Museum last.
Other points of interest for School Groups : You may wish to visit the following sites on Berry's beautiful 26,000 acre campus: Possum Trot School, Old Mill, House O'Dreams, Keown Picnic Pavilion at Victory Lake.