Services for students
The Career Center provides a variety of services for all Berry students. In the event that you work with students who would benefit from our services, we appreciate your referrals. Students may call (706 236-2292) or stop by (Krannert 310) to make an individual appointment that works with their schedules or attend any of our workshops.
- Self Assessment tools to help students discover and clarify their interests from choice of major to future career directions
- Resources for career exploration of industry sectors, occupational titles and career paths
- Internships – including process, paperwork and resources (link to each of the 3 tabs)
- Help with the job search process (resumes, cover letters, networking, career fairs, resources and databases)
- Graduate school/professional school assistance (practice test drives, Peterson’s Guides, personal statements, etc.)
The Berry College Career Center is available to assist you and your students in the form of classroom presentations and departmental workshops on career development issues and job search topics. Please contact us at 706 236-2292 or email@example.com to let us know how we can help.
Career Services also requests your assistance in generating company contacts. You can play a key role in building inroads with employers who are receptive to recruiting Berry talent for either internships or full-time placement. We appreciate your referral of employer contacts who we may engage in a variety of ways on behalf of Berry students.
Writing reference letters - for students & others
From NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers
Sample Faculty Reference Letter
Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring
Brief but thorough document from a reputable professional organization deals with recruitment issues facing faculty and suggested courses of action.
A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Hiring
by NACE, the National Association of Colleges and Employers.