John R. Bertrand Award
At Berry, student workers forge a deep bond with their work supervisors. The John R. Bertrand Superior Work Supervisor Award goes to the faculty or staff member who best meets the following criteria:
- Teaches exemplary work skills and ethics.
- Encourages and responds to student contributions in a manner that fosters participation and creative expression.
- Serves as a role model whom students will respect and seek to emulate.
- Serves as a mentor and counselor to students.
- Stimulates the development of self confidence in students.
- Advises students on personal and career interests.
Bertrand recipients receive a plaque and a check for $1000.
Past winners: Brenda Jenkins (2010-2011); Ginger Swann, Athletic Training (2009-2010); Andrea Jones, Horticulture (2008-2009); Pam Smith, Advancement (2007-2008); and James Terrell, Mountain Grounds (2006-2007). A full list of Bertrand recipients is available on the plaque outside the Dean of Students Office in Hermann Hall.