Distinguished Alumni Awards
On an annual basis, the Berry Alumni Association solicits nominations for four Distinguished Alumni Awards:
Distinguished Achievement Award
- The nominee must have achieved success far beyond average.
- Distinction may be interpreted as: Notability for outstanding leadership or success within a locale, recognition or honors within an occupational or professional field, outstanding leadership within a significant organization above local level.
Distinguished Service Award
- This award shall be given for selfless service over and beyond normal obligations.
- The service must have been of significant value although it may have attracted little public attention or recognition.
- The length of involvement in this type of service shall be noted. (For example, a service rendered over forty years would have more weight than service for a period of a year.)
Outstanding Young Alumni Award
- The nominee must have attended Berry within the past twenty years.
- Outstanding distinction in one’s career and/or community will characterize the recipient.
- The recipient shall have made contributions to the general welfare of his/her community and represent Berry’s motto of “not to be ministered unto; but to minister.”
- Service contributions to Berry will be considered. These contributions may include involvement in alumni chapters, participation in alumni events, volunteer service in various projects, and /or membership on the Alumni Council.
Entrepreneurial Spirit Award
- This award shall be given for significant contribution to the advancement of a business or enterprise.
- This individual demonstrated a commitment to turn a vision into reality, the courage to assume risks, and the ability to make changes and take advantage of new opportunities.
- The length of time the individual has been involved, as well as the role played, will be considered. (For example, involvement over a period of years would be more significant than involvement for a year.)
Alumni may also nominate qualified individuals for
honorary membership in the Alumni Association.
To nominate a deserving alumna/us, complete and submit the nomination form below, or print, complete and mail the form to the Office of Alumni Relations at P.O. Box 495018, Mount Berry, GA 30149-5018.
Nominations should be submitted before October 31 to be considered for that academic year. Winners are announced and inducted into the
Distinguished Alumni Hall of Fame during Alumni Weekend each year, and nominees not selected remain on the Distinguished Awards slate for a period of three years.
Nominate an alumna/us
If you have been nominated, please complete a nominee information form:
New! Nominate a High School/Academy Alum for the Berry High School/Academy Athletic Hall of Fame
More information available here.