Mixed Doubles Tennis Rules
- Each match will consist of one 8-game Pro-Set. The winner of the match will be the first player to win eight games (win by 2).
- The No-Ad scoring method will be used for all matches. Each game will be played to four (4) points. The winner of the game will be the first player to score four points. If both players have three (3) points (deuce), the next point scored will win the game. The receiver shall choose from which court the service is to be delivered on the deciding point.
- In the event a match is tied at eight (8) games each, a 12-point tie-breaker will be played.
- Tie-Breaker: The first player to win 7 points (win by 2) will win the match. The tiebreaker will begin with the first server serving once from the deuce court. The next server will serve twice, starting in the ad court. Service will then alternate after every two points. If the tie-breaker reaches six points each (6-All), the tie-breaker will continue until a player establishes a two-point margin. Players will switch sides of the court after every six points played.
- Match results must be turned in immediately after the match. Please turn in results by emailing the Intramural Dept. (firstname.lastname@example.org). For results please include team names, date, and score for each team.
- Team rosters must not be changed unless approved by the Intramural Director.
- Matches can be rescheduled if necessary. Please contact the opposing team to reschedule the match. Rescheduled matches need to be played within a week of the previously scheduled match. All match results must be turned in no later than one week after the date of your final match.